[Bristol-Birds] Sullivan Cty Water areas, Nature show on WOLVERINES on PBS at 8 pm

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 19:41:47 -0500

Reece Jamerson and I birded several water areas this morning and early
afternoon.  Viewing was difficult because of the fairly regular rain--what
follows will give some idea of what we were able to find:

Paddle Creek:  Great Blue Heron and 15 Canada Geese

Weir Dam:  25 Bufflehead and 5 Ring-necked Ducks

Red-shouldered Hawk in a tree in the wet area at Rooty Branch Rd.

Juncos at Colebrook Road and along King's Lane/Observation Park Rd.

Musick's Campground:
Common Loon                    3
Pied-billed Grebe                2
Eared Grebe                       1

Middlebrook Lake:  Mallards, Coots, Canada Geese and about 180 Ring-billed
Gulls.

Also, it may be of interest to some of you, that at 8:00 pm  this evening, the
NATURE series on public television (WEPT) is running their show on WOLVERINES.

Roy Knispel
Johnson City