[Bristol-Birds] Sullivan County

  • From: Michelle <mbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 20:08:22 -0500

Took my girl out for a little birding and fresh air this afternoon.

Was able to get decent looks at the White-winged Scoters, Common Goldeneye and
Greater Scaup at DeVault Bridge. Thanks to who I believe may have been Thomas
McNeil for the spotting scope look at the goldeneye.

Catherine and I then stopped by BMS to look for any raven activity. Last years
nest remains intact. No ravens observed in the area today.

We then headed through Bluff City. We traveled along Rockhold Church road along
the river where we spotted several buffleheads. We got fabulous looks at an
adult Bald Eagle sitting atop a tall tree along the river.

Our last stop was Osceola Island where we observed a few dozen buffleheads, a
few mallards, Greater Scaup, several Great Blue Herons and a Yellow-bellied
Sapsucker.

Catherine made a great birding companion and the two of us removed as much
fishing line from the banks of the island as we could reach. All in all a nice
afternoon.

Michelle King
Blountville, TN
Sullivan County

       BRISTOL BIRDS NET LIST

MENDOTA HAWK MIGRATION DAILY AND SEASON TOTALS CAN
BE FOLLOWED DAILY ON THE HAWK MIGRATION ASSOC. SITE
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsitep6&PHPSESSID²eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85

http://bristolbirdclub.org