[Bristol-Birds] Re: Suggestions

  • From: John Whinery <foshildgc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 08:01:38 -0800 (PST)

I'm going to be at Steele Creek for something about 1 on Saturday then headed
to the Weir and possibly Musicks to end the day. Since I'm going to be at
Steele Creek anyway, is there a particular trail or area I should check out?
How long is the trail to #3 on attached overview? Suggestions as to the other 2
locations? Since I need to be somewhere at 1 I wanted to allot enough time for
birds before then.

At S Holston weir is there likely so much activity on Osceola Island that will
keep the ducks scattered? Just a single runner kept them swimming upstream from
the weir when I made my first trip Monday and I would expect lots of folks out
on a nice Saturday after this weeks weather. I'll likely be there about 2 pm.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks
jw