[Bristol-Birds] Steele Creek Park banding recovery

  • From: Richard Lewis <mountainbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2014 11:18:01 -0500

I was notified yesterday by the Bird Banding Lab that an American Goldfinch
that was banded during the Steele Creek Park Wildlife Weekend (Oct 12,
2013) was recovered in Louisiana.  The bird was found dead and it was not
recognizable to species.  Rack Cross banded the goldfinch.  There was a
large flock of this species in the grassland area of the park this fall.
 Interestingly, the recovery was reported to me on the same day as they
indicated the bird was found, Feb. 14, 2014.

Richard Lewis