[Bristol-Birds] Springtime Birdwatching Adventures in Hamblen County / Morristown.

  • From: "Shane" <tshane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:07:12 -0400

Birders:( Springtime Birdwatching Adventures in Hamblen County / Morristown )

This morning on March 27, 2007 Shane & Dennis Adams have gone birdwatching for
springtimes and migrating birds first at Grainger County Boat Dock in Grainger
County on the left of Oln Marshal Bridge off of 25E we saw Mallards ( Drake &
hen), Killdeer, Turkey Vulture; second at the Kidwells Ridge Boat Dock just off
of Kidwells Ridge RD. on the left side or the right side of the road, we saw
Great Egret, Great Blue Heron, about 6 or Turkey Vulutres on the ground and in
the air, 3 Double Crested Cormorants and I saw one Double Crested Cormorant
gathering up nesting material like small twigs to make their nests and starting
their breeding season soon and 2 Canada Geese on the bank at the second cove in
front of the boat dock on the right of the big island I will follow up on the
Double Crested Cormorants nesting and their breeding season when I am out that
way about April or May.

Shane Adams
Hamblen County / Morristown, TN.