[Bristol-Birds] Sparrows

  • From: "Todd Perkins" <bigun_75@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 20:43:08 -0500

Area Birders,

This evening my family and I had Christmas Eve supper with my grandparents.
Several aunt, uncles, and cousins were also there. We all had a good time.
But due to the recent stomach virus thats been goin around I didn't get to
eat much.

I looked out the window several times at my grandfather's feeder to see how
many birds were there. And as usual, there were many. What really surprized
me were the sparrows and doves. There were W.C, W.T, and Song Sparrows at
the feeder with W.C in the majority (5). There were 3 W.T's, and only one
Song Sparrow. What was really amazing was the number of Mourning Doves. I
guessed the count to be around 45+. They just kept coming in. My grandfather
told me that my uncle counted about 60 at one time two weeks ago.

Merry Christmas,
Todd Perkins

http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_smartspamprotection_3mf

Bird Club, Herndon Chapter TOS, Chapter, Blue Ridge
and Cumberland Nature Club.
         jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx
           (423)764-3958