[Bristol-Birds] Southern Washington and Unicoi County Birds

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:17:04 -0400

Following up on Glen Eller's report (now that my cable services have been
restored)--on Thursday,  I made a trip to the same areas Glen reported on.
Highlights of the Thursday trip:

Swainson's Warbler--Dry Creek Road, Washington Cty, about 0.5 miles SW of the
parking lot for ATVs.

Bobolink--Chas. Carson Road off Hwy 107 W of the Thompson Lane intersection,
where Chas Carson Rd. turns right toward the Nolichucky River

Graveyard Hill Road off Bumpus Cove Road in S. Washington County, Pileated
Woodpecker

Prairie Warbler and Yellow-throated Vireo--2.1 miles in on the forest service
road that goes left off Bumpus Cove Road (going S.) about .2 miles beyond where
Graveyard Hill Road rejoins Bumpus Cove Rd.

To add to Glen's report on our trip Friday, we had Acadian Flycatchers along
Dry Creek Road about 0.5 miles SW of the parking lot for ATVs.

Also, there is a tree across the aforementioned Unicoi County forest service
road 1.5 miles in from Bumpus Cove Road.  Glen and I walked about 0.5 to 0.7
miles from where the road was blocked to where we found the Prairie Warblers.

Roy Knispel
Johnson City, Washington Cty. TN