[Bristol-Birds] South Holston eagles appear to be rebuilding !

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 18:33:42 -0400

Avens Bridge
South Holston Lake
Washington Co., VA

The following is an email message sent to me this morning by a resident of the
area
who has a good view of the South Holston Lake Bald Eagle nest site:

"Thought you might want to know the eagles have returned each evening to the
old site.  They don't stay long.  This morning they both returned bringing
sticks.  They took turns flying in and out carrying sticks.  They only worked
for half an hour, I feel they may [be] building back in the same tree.  Bad
location in my opinion."

I was in the nest area about mid-afternoon and did not see eagles.  However,
it looked like there was more nesting material than I had expected.  Was not
sure what the status was beyond what had been earlier described to me after the
storm.

Arrived home about 6 p.m. and found the above message which had been sent much
earlier in the day.

Let's go birding . . . .