[Bristol-Birds] South Holston Dam

  • From: "Mike" <hawk036@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 21:28:38 -0400

I went to South Holston Dam this evening 05-05-2009. I hiked the spillway
trail off of TVA road, I picked up a couple FOY's for me. A few birds were
on the road leading up to the trail, they will be marked in bold. The best
was an osprey that flew up, he landed about fifteen feet from me in a tree
overlooking the lake, he never saw me on the trail behind the tree line, but
I got a good look at him, awesome bird. The list below is all the species I
saw.

Sighting Record Listing - South Holston Dam/Trails :: 5/5/2009 - 5/5/2009

Pileated Woodpecker South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 1 = /TE

Cedar Waxwing South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 5 = /TE

Hairy Woodpecker South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 1 = /f /TE

Turkey Vulture South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 7 = /O /TE

Carolina Chickadee South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 2 = /TE

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 2 = /TE

Blue Jay South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 1 = /TE

Osprey South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 1 = /TE

American Crow South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 5 = /O /TE

Northern Rough-winged Swallow South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 7 = /G/FL/Y /TE

Worm-eating Warbler South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 1 = /m/Y /TE

Red-bellied Woodpecker South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 1 = /m /TE

Downy Woodpecker South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 1 = /f /TE

Tufted Titmouse South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 1 = /TE

European Starling South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 2 = /TE

Eastern Bluebird South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 3 = /m/f/TE

Eastern Towhee South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 1 = /m/TE

Eastern Kingbird South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 1 = /Y/TE

Northern Cardinal South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 1 = /m/TE

Mourning Dove South Holston Dam/Trails TN US May 5, 2009

= 5 = /TE

Printed May 5, 2009 ~ MIKE data set ~ 20 records Page 1

Michael Sanders

Bristol, VA