[Bristol-Birds] Snowy Egret at Sullivan Co. pond

  • From: AHoodedWarbler@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 21:44:11 EDT

About 6:50 p.m., on the way to Musick's Campground, Howard Langridge, Bryan
Stevens and David Thometz had a Snowy Egret at a pond on the way to Musick's
Campground at South Holston Lake in Sullivan County, TN. The Snowy Egret was at
the pond on the right just past the turn at Darter's Store to go to Musick's.
There is a gravel pulloff next to the fenced tanks at Graham's Oil and Heating
that made viewing the Snowy Egret very easy.
It's interesting to note what a good migration movement of Snowy Egrets we've
seen in the past few days in the region.

Not much action at Musick's: Four Bonaparte's Gulls, one Common Loon, a
Pied-billed Grebe in breeding plumage. At the TVA Boat Access near Musick's we
had
15 Red-breasted Mergansers.

We counted four Green Herons at the rookery on the approach to Musick's.

Bryan Stevens,
Hampton, TN