[Bristol-Birds] Snow causes cancellation of Saturday's planned trip to Burkes' Garden

  • From: Lois Cox <lacox@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 19:18:39 -0500

John Moyle reported that he has talked with a lady in Burkes' Garden who told
him that they have three feet of snow and more is expected tonight and
tomorrow.  She strongly recommended that we not try to go Saturday, February
28.  The temperature here is supposed to be in the teens that morning.  In view
of all of this, John and I have decided that the prudent decision is to cancel
the trip.   I will post a list of future trips tomorrow.  Stay safe and please,
no more snow dances!  See you soon on a birding trip.

Lois Cox

MENDOTA HAWK MIGRATION DAILY AND SEASON TOTALS CAN
BE FOLLOWED DAILY ON THE HAWK MIGRATION ASSOC. SITE
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsitep6&PHPSESSID²eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85

This is a regional birding list to facilitate communications
between birders of Southwest Virginia and Northeast Tennessee.
       Wallace Coffey, Owner Moderator
         jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx