[Bristol-Birds] Siskins finally

  • From: Glen Eller <gleneller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 09:04:06 -0400 (EDT)

Sat Nov 6

Todays snow finally brought some Pine Siskins to my feeders.  I had my first
Purple Finches (3) on Sat Oct 30; a single Red-breasted Nuthatch on Wed Nov 3;
a flock of 8-10 Rusty Blackbirds on Fri Nov 5 and then finally 3 Pine Siskins
during this mornings snowfall.  Maybe all the predictions of a good "northern
finch" winter season will come to East Tennessee.  My elevation here in
Sullivan Gardens is approx. 1200 feet, so I was more surprized at the low
elevation Red-breasted Nuthatch than anything.

Glen Eller
Kingsport, TN