[Bristol-Birds] Shrike with young

  • From: Glen Eller <gleneller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 11:26:57 -0400 (EDT)

Today, July 20, I found an adult Loggerhead Shrike feeding at least one young
bird on Jackson Road just off Fordtown Road in Washington Co. TN.  There was
one other shrike which flew as I pulled up and I do not know whether that bird
was an adult or possibly another young bird.  This location is where I find
Shrikes irregularly at all times of the year.  I have always suspected nesting
birds but today was the first time I have seen young or found a nest.

Glen Eller
Kingsport, TN