[Bristol-Birds] Sharp-shinned Hawk, Blue jays

  • From: richard lewis <mountainbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 10:00:21 -0400

Just saw my fall migrating Sharp-shinned Hawk in the yard.  He was a little
feller.  He was about meal size for the female Cooper's that hangs out were
he was.

My blue jays are really getting good at imitating Cooper's Hawk calls.
 They have always been good will Red-shouldered Hawk calls and have been
mixing in some Broad-winged Hawks calls too.

I really have to listen intently to separate the hawks from the jays.

Richard Lewis
Bristol,TN