[Bristol-Birds] Shady Valley / Mountain City CBC Date Set

  • From: MerlinZ02@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 09:29:09 EST

Area Birders -

I have had some positive responses concerning Shady Valley.  So far, the
majority are saying that the 21st is the best day.  So mark in your calendars
the 21st for Shady Valley CBC.  I will be at the Bristol Bird Club meeting on
December 17 with all the details I have.  Also at that meeting we will
discuss the details for the Bristol CBC (DEC 29) and the Glade Spring CBC
(Jan 4).

I am sorry to those who have a conflict with the day I have chosen.  I wish I
could be complaint with everyone - but at this time of the year it is hard
plan for everyone (even though I want to).

I will update the BBC LISTSERV on the details of the Shady Valley / Mountain
City CBC meeting times when I know them better myself.

If they are calling for inclement weather (Shady Valley / Mountain City is
above 2500') I will put out a message on BBC LISTSERV to keep everyone
informed.  Maybe I can come with a special buzz wave file (a la schools) and
we can turn the BBC LISTSERV into a local CBC snow watch

Hope to see you at a CBC this season - I plan to do Shady Valley / Mountain
City, Bristol, Roan Mt, Elizabethton, (and possibly Glade Spring), although I
am going through some tough times right now myself and possibly will be
looking to move apartments next month which may limit my CBC plans (Shady
Valley / Mountain City is definitly a go though!)...happy, happy, joy, joy.

Best to everyone this holiday season...

Rob Biller
Johnson City, TN
Shady Valley / Roan Mt CBC Compiler
merlinz02@xxxxxxx

Bird Club, Herndon Chapter TOS, Chapter, Blue Ridge
and Cumberland Nature Club.
         jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx
           (423)764-3958