[Bristol-Birds] Shady Valley CBC BACK ON!!!

  • From: Robert Biller <merlin42@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 21:05:09 -0500

Bristol Area Birders,

Tom McNeil didn't agree that the Shady Valley / Mountain City CBC should be
canceled.

He picked me up this morning to go to Greeneville with Don Holt and he informed
me that he had read about a count being held on Friday Jan 4 and that I should
look again at when the count period actually ends.  We turned around and went
back to my apartment and I checked the Audubon Web site.   As Tom had thought,
the count period actually ends on JANUARY 5 - THIS SATURDAY!

I called Wallace Coffey to double check what I had just found out -- just to
make sure.  We discussed the great possibility of RESCHEDULING the Shady Valley
/ Mountain City TN CBC for SATURDAY JANUARY 5.  I then called all the leaders
and they said they were up for the count this Saturday.

So, if you still want to go on the Shady Valley / Mountain City CBC THIS
SATURDAY, we still want you on the count!  The same previously arranged parties
can still bird their areas.  This also will allow anyone who had a conflict
because of the holiday to come and join the CBC!  We will discuss the
rescheduled count at the Bristol compilation on Jan 2 at Steele Creek Park
(7:30pm).  There is still other ways to join.  You can contact Rick Knight or
Tom McNeil about joining their parties OR you can meet Wallace Coffey or Ron
Carrico in Shady Valley the morning of January 5.  Tradition dictates that the
parties in Shady Valley meet for a quick sit down breakfast.  Coming from
Bristol on HWY 421 we meet at the restaurant at the crossroads on the left
(across from the silo).  We meet so last minute birders can join us.

The forecast agrees that we should do the count as well.  Here is the forecast
for Friday and Saturday :

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 44.

Friday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 47.

This works out well because there is now a Winter Storm Watch in place for the
count area on New Year's Day and what may fall will be gone by the count day.

I also want to apologize for any confusion for my part of this rescheduling and
am looking forward to a great count on Saturday!  I hope everyone who was
planning to do the count can make the rescheduled count and we get many more to
join as well!

See you Saturday!

--
Rob Biller
Shady Valley / Mountain City CBC Compiler