[Bristol-Birds] Shady Valley Birding

  • From: Roy & Robin Knispel <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 22:23:39 -0400

Jim D. Anderson and I headed for Shady Valley this morning. By happy coincidence, we met up with J.G. and Debi Campbell at Orchard Bog, and enjoyed a great day of birding in Shady Valley with them. Highlights:

Orchard Bog
Sharp-shinned Hawk
Red-tailed Hawk
Raven 1
House Wren 1
Marsh wren 1
Palm Warbler 9
Magnolia Warbler 1
Black-throated Green Warbler 1
Lincoln Sparrow 2
RED FOX

Quarry Bog: No Highlights

Schoolyard Preserve:
Wood Duck 8
Great Blue Heron 1
Green Heron 1
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Blue-headed Vireo 1
Palm Warbler 5
Yellow-rumped Warbler 5

Not everyone saw all these birds--Jim had the Magnolia Warbler and J.G. and Debi had the Black-throated Green Warbler.

In addition, Jim and I saw 13 Palm Warblers on Hwy 91 between Brinkley Rd. and the silos before we got to Orchard Bog.

Roy Knispel
Johnson City

Somewhere along the way, most likely at the Schoolyard Preserve, I lost a 67mm. lens cap for a Nikon Lens. I will be happy to trade to get it back. Thank you.

begin:vcard
fn:Roy Knispel
n:Knispel;Roy
tel;home:423-202-7802