[Bristol-Birds] Screech Owl Update

  • From: "Mike Sanders" <hawk036@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 21:39:14 -0400

I was lucky enough to be off the last 2 nights 05-31-2010 and 06-01-2010 so
I watched the Owl Box for awhile each night. I watched both parents bring
food at very quick intervals to the young. I can only guess that its bugs or
night crawlers based on the speed that they make trips to the box. I watched
them make about 6 trips in 2 minutes tonight right at dusk. The young are
fighting to get to the entrance hole first. I don't have any pictures to
share as I am waiting at least a week between each time I check the box. I
will check again on Wednesday or Thursday and take a quick picture to post.

Mike Sanders

Bristol, VA