[Bristol-Birds] Saturday's Field Trip

  • From: jpmoyle18@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:25:45 -0500

A total of six people have signed up for Saturday's field trip to Hawkins
County.  I did a quick runthrough of half of the trip this morning.  It was a
"quickie" without much time spent at any one place.  The Kingsport part of the
S. Holston River was fairly productive with Bufflehead, Lesser Scaup, Coots,
GBH and lots of vultures.  At Laurel Bend the water was not very productive but
there were lots of song birds around.  Phipps Bend was fairly productive...but
I am going to leave that for the trip home.  Susan Hubley is allowing us to
visit her yard and use the dock to scan the river there.  Following that, we
are off to the dam and power plant.  Susan has already posted some good birds
from her yard and the area of the power plant!  Hope more of you will join us!
It looks to be a productive day!   Remember, send me an email or call on the
phone (423-349-6440) if you plan to join us!

John Moyle                 Glen Alpine Road
Kingsport/Sullivan County