[Bristol-Birds] Santa comments on BBC Christmas Party

  • From: "Dave Worley" <trooper@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 09:20:42 -0500

I am very excited about the party.  I look forward every year to socializing
with everyone.  This party is meant to be fun.

I have had some comments and questions about the party that I feel need
addressing.

It is never anyones intention to ridicule or make you feel bad when you are
called to receive an award or sit on Santa`s knee.  Just mention it to me and
we will not call you.

Gifts are not what this party is about.  It is not required that you bring a
gift.

If you choose to bring a gift, do not make it expensive.  Make it fit your
budget.  Most things we bring cost $5-$10.
The best things are birder oriented.  Over the years I have loved getting a bag
of seed, some suet cakes, an Eagle Bell, bird calendar etc.  Some of our ladies
get earrings etc.

If you come we want you to enjoy it.  This is a chance to
get to talk with someone that you can not catch after or at the meetings..

We will start gathering about 6 pm and getting the food set up.  We will start
eating about 7 pm, earlier if you are hungry.

The first couple of hours are socializing and eating.  Sometimes even a little
entertainment.

Then we present awards for service, best bird sightings, Birder of the Year,
etc.  There is sometimes humor involved in these awards, but not malice.

Santa is always last on the schedule, but hopefully he is worth waiting for.

You can leave anytime.

Everyone is invited and welcome.

THIS PARTY IS ALL ABOUT US, ALL OF US BIRDERS.

FUN FUN FUN.

If you have any questions, comments or complaints call  me.  It will be kept
private.

I consider all of you my friends.  A stranger is only a friend we have not yet
met.

Hope to see lots of you Saturday, Dec. 10th at the Bristol Bird Club Regional
Christmas Party.

Directions will be posted later.

Your friend,

SANTA DAVE