[Bristol-Birds] SF Holston River eaglets and adults still tight on territory.

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 18:18:51 -0400

 Photos by Bob Cheers

 Saturday evening, 28 July 2012, several of us
 gathered at the South Fork Holston River
 Bald Eagle breeding locality up stream from
 Bluff City in Sullivan Co., TN.

 Earlier that morning, Bob & Alice Cheers had
 come up empty trying to find eagles at the
 site.

 By the time we had all arrived, the two eaglets
 were perched in the evening sun in the top of
 the "staging" tree a few hundred yards from
 the nest site.

 Before the day was over, we were able (for
 the first time in a long while) to see both
 fledglings and both adults in the area and get
 them all counted.

 One adult flew about in the vicinity of the nest.
 Karen Morrell was able to find the other almost
 a mile up stream perched on the same limb
where our stopover Osprey "One" spends nearly all its time in April.

These photo represents Bob's first attempt ever at digiscoping and he did very
well.  Due to
the enlargement of these photos they appear more soft (out of focus) then the
original photos
appeared when he sent them to me.

Those present Saturday were:  Alice Cheers, Bob Cheers, Carolyn Coffey, Wallace
Coffey,
David Morrell and Karen Morrell.

I checked the staging tree early today (31 July 2012) and both young were
perched there.

Let's go birding . . . .

JPEG image

JPEG image