[Bristol-Birds] Rusty Blackbirds

  • From: Michele Sparks <navigate48@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 20:56:46 -0400

November 3, 2010Sullivan CountyIndian Springs Elementary

Rusty Blackbird (50)

Yesterday, as my second class was about to begin the activity of dissecting Owl
Pellets, a flock of Rusty Blackbirds suddenly descended to the bottom of the
school bird feeders. The class frenzied to the windows to get a better look. As
a result, the flock instantly took flight with all the commotion.  "Hurry guys,
there are a Bunch of Rusty Blalckbirds out there and I need help in counting
them," was a whole lot more fun than taking orderly and controlledviewing turns
at the window. A few Grackles and Am. Robins were mixed in..

Michele Sparks
Indian Springs Elementary

333 Hill Rd.

Kingsport, TN 37664