[Bristol-Birds] Ruby Throated Hummingbirds Chasing Birds.

  • From: "Shane" <tshane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 13:02:52 -0400

Birders:( Ruby Throated Hummingbirds Chasing Birds ::)

Yesterday in East Hamblen County North East of Morristown,On July 16, 2007 in
our both front and back yards I witness 2 Ruby Throated Hummingbirds chasing
small birds and sometimes each other I am guessing the hummingbirds are just
been playful or keeping the yard all to them selves and I f just having fun
watching them chasing small birds and I am still hearing and seeing the Summer
Tanager hanging around eating berries in the tree where the owl nesting box and
I put a red bicycle reflector on the bottom of the owl nesting box just in case
an owl or another bird or birds start nesting in so I can start watching and
keeping up with them.

Shane Adams
Hamblen County / Morristown, TN.