[Bristol-Birds] Rough-legged Hawk - still around; Joachim Bible refuge, Greene Co.

  • From: Darrel Wilder <darrelw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 20:04:05 -0400

3/21/11,  12:30 P.M., Joachim Bible Refuge, Greene Co.

The light phase juvenile Rough-legged Hawk, last reported by David Kirschke, is
still at the Joachim Bible refuge. I watched it hovering over the fields along
S.Mohawk Rd. for about 1/2 hour this afternoon. During the time I was there a
Red-tailed Hawk also kited close to the Rough-legged Hawk in the strong breeze
and so provided a nice study of the difference in size, shape, and field marks.

Darrel Wilder
Johnson City
Washington Co.

MENDOTA HAWK MIGRATION DAILY AND SEASON TOTALS CAN
BE FOLLOWED DAILY ON THE HAWK MIGRATION ASSOC. SITE
http://hawkcount.org/month_summary.php?rsitep6&PHPSESSID²eb5deb1ae5a23e55dcf30171c5ba85

http://bristolbirdclub.org

Nature Calendar for NE TN / SW VA:
http://www.google.com:80/calendar/embed?src=eHlvbjQyQGdtYWlsLmNvbQ