[Bristol-Birds] Rough-legged Hawk, Golden Eagle Russell County, VA

  • From: Thomas Hunter <opiehunter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: buchanan co bc <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, virginia birds <va-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 17:21:08 -0800 (PST)

This morning I located a light morph Rough-legged Hawk along Rt 80. It
was between the intersection of Mountain Road and Elk Garden Road. There is a
pulloff on the east side of Rt 80 and the Rough-legged Hawk was perched in a
dead snag on the west side. This is one of the most consistent areas to locate
a wintering Rough-legged in Russell County,
I also had a brief glimpse of a Golden Eagle on Clifton Farms Road and a
Northern Harrier at the intersection of Elk Garden Road and Rt 80.

Tom & Laverne Hunter
Russell County Bird Club
Lebanon, VA