[Bristol-Birds] Rock Creek

  • From: Jacob Job <zjrj5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 08:49:10 -0700 (PDT)

Went birding this morning from 8-1130 at Rock Creek Recreation area.  Saw
several new birds this year.  Overall, nice weather this morning, except for
some wind.

Great Blue Heron
Black Vulture
Turkey Vulture
Rock Pigeon
Mourning Dove
Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker
Downy Woodpecker
Pileated Woodpecker
Eastern Phoebe
Blue-Headed Vireo
Blue Jay
American Crow
Common Raven
Carolina Chickadee
Purple Martin
Tufted Titmouse
White-Breasted Nuthatch
Carolina Wren
Ruby-Crowned Kinglet
American Robin
Northern Parula
Black-Throated Green Warbler
Black and White Warbler
Ovenbird
Louisiana Waterthrush
Northern Cardinal
Common Grackle

Also went to the Erwin Hatckery Pong and had the following birds:
Osprey
Canada Goose
Wood Duck
Mallard
House Sparrow
Common Grackle
Red-Winged Blackbird
American Crow
Song Sparrow
Savannah Sparrow
Chipping Sparrow
Yellow-Rumped Warbler
Cedar Waxwings
Northern Mockingbird
Northern Rough-Winged Swallow
Tree Swallow
Downy Woodpecker
Killdeer
Coopers Hawk
European Starling

Finally, driving back along I-26, stopped at the boardwalk and saw the
following species:
Red-Tailed Hawk
Rock Pigeon
Green Heron