[Bristol-Birds] Roan Reflections

  • From: wwg <wwg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 07:02:08 -0400

I received the following annoucement. Note the photos include some by BBC members, Dexter Newman and Mike Poe.
Bill Grigsby
Kingsport, TN

Announcing
Roan Reflections
A photography exhibit at the Carroll Reece Museum
Johnson City, Tennessee.
Sunday, July 3, through Thursday, July 21
with a closing reception on July 21 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
Hosted by Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy
Featuring photographs by Ed Schell, Michael Joslin, Dexter Newman, Mike Poe, David Ramsey and Witt Langstaff.
Images of The Highlands of Roan will brighten the walls of the Reece museum for three weeks in July. Roan has been a place of wonder for generations of Appalachian Trail thru-hikers, local residents, international visitors, birders and ecologists. Its grassy balds and spruce-fir forests are of global ecological significance. Its picturesque scenery inspires photographers to line up for hours for their turn to capture just the right image of a blooming rhododendron or azalea against the bright blue sky and expansive grassy meadow.

The exhibit is in conjunction with Appalachian Trail Conference's 35th Biennial Conference "Remembering Our Past, Preserving Our Future"

Since 1974, Southern Appalachian Highlands Conservancy has been working to conserve unique plant and animal habitat, clean water, and scenic beauty of the mountains of North Carolina and East Tennessee for present and future generations. To date, SAHC has protected more than 28,800 acres of treasured sites including 15,000 acres in the Highlands of Roan.

************************************************* BRISTOL BIRDS NET LIST Bristol Birds Net Photo Gallery located at: http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jwcoffeyy/album?.dir=/efd5

Bristol Bird Club to facilitate communications between birders and bird clubs of Southwest Virginia