[Bristol-Birds] Roan Mtn. TN/NC Butterfly Count 2010

  • From: dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
  • To: mebc-butterfly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, tn-butterflies@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, carolinaleps@xxxxxxxx, bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:04:02 -0400

The annual Roan Mtn butterfly count is scheduled for Saturday, 17 JULY 2010,
beginning at 10 am at the Visitor Center of Roan Mtn. State Park (TN).  It is a
NABA sponsored event with the usual $3 per person fee.  A 60% chance of rain is
in the forecast, so if I can't get the count finished Saturday, I will post a
note Saturday evening and try again the next day, 10 am Sunday 18 JULY 2010,
same place  This year we will not have access to the Rhododendron Gardens due
to ongoing paving and construction, so we may seek out other high elevation
meadows to drive to, such as Dave Miller Homestead and/or Ripshin Lake.  If
anyone would be interested in breaking away from the main group and hiking up
Round Bald or beyond, or if there are any other questions, please contact me at
(423) 483-0470.

Don Holt
Johnson City, TN