[Bristol-Birds] Roan Mtn., TN-NC Butterfly Count

  • From: Dnldhlt@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, butternuts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,carolinaleps@xxxxxxxx, valeps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 20:23:32 -0400

The annual butterfly count at Roan Mtn, TN/NC will be held Saturday, July 19.
We will meet around 9:30 am at the usual starting point, the big green
waterwheel at the Visitors' Center in Roan Mtn. State Park.  We will leave
there at 10 am and go to Hampton Creek Cove State Natural Area, where we will
count until around noon.  Then we will go up the mountain to the rhododendron
gardens for a picnic lunch, after which we will count the gardens area.  If
there are enough people we might send a second party to other good sites.  For
further information you can contact me at (423)926-0865, or dnldhlt@xxxxxxx

Don Holt
Johnson City, TN
and Cumberland Nature Club.