[Bristol-Birds] Rescued an Owl.

  • From: "Shane" <tshane@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 13:42:35 -0500

Birders:( Rescued an Owl )

This morning on Nov. 24, 2007 in Russellville in the woods behind a friend's
house getting ready walking on the trail in the woods while deer hunting I
rescued an a possible Adult Barred or Eastern Screech Owl tallon from a small
rusty trap it watched me walked up to it and the owl sit back on its tail
feathers and its beak was clapping away and I propped up my gun and dove stool
against something and I told the owl it is ok I nealed down and I pushed down
on both ends of the trap and he flew back just a tad it looked away for a
moment then it flew off into the woods it had a bloody tallon and I did not
have a band aid to put on the owls bloody tallon plus I did not touch or pet
the owl ( the description of the owl is it has a solid white and light brown
feathers including the face light yellow tallons and light yellow eyes with
black pupil I know I looked right at the owl while helping him to get free ) I
always wanted to get up close to the owl this isn't what I had in mind and no
picture of the owl either. Happy Thanksgiving everybody.

Shane Adams
East Hamblen County / Morristown, TN.