[Bristol-Birds] Report on BBC field trip to Hiwassee and reminder of meeting

  • From: Lois Cox <lacox@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2015 18:56:40 -0500

John Moyle reports the following on the trip to Hiwassee this past Saturday.

Hi Lois and other Bristol bird members!  This is a summary of our trip to
Hiwassee this past Saturday.  There were only six of us who attended but the
weather was excellent and the day's attendence at Hiwassee was huge, the
largest ever!  However, the birding was good but not the best ever.  Here is
the summary of species seen: Black Vulture 8,  Great Blue Heron 6,  American
Crow 13,  American Robin 12, Blue Jay 5, Canada Goose 12,  Common Grackle
1000+, Eastern Kingbird 2,  Downy Woodpecker 3,  Northern Cardinal 5,
Ring-billed Gull 21,  Carolina Chickadee 11,  Turkey Vulture 1,  European
Starling 36,  Lesser Scaup 4,  Belted Kingfisher 1,  Sandhill Crane 1500 or so,
 Double-crested Cormorant 7,  Pied-billed Grebe 2,  Tufted Titmouse 3,
Yellow-rumped Warbler 13,  Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2,  Golden-crowned Kinglet 2,
Stilt Sandpiper 1.
Don't forget!  Our next trip is on Saturday, January 31!  We will meet at the
small, lower  dam at South Holston Lake and progress from there to Weir Dam and
Middlebrook Lake, etc.  You may bring a lunch or buy it at a place we will
visit for lunch.  If you have any questions, you may call me at 423-349-6440.
John  Moyle

Also, I want to remind you of the meeting tomorrow (Tuesday) at 7:30 in the
Kegley meeting room of the Bristol Public Library.   If you have not paid your
2015 dues, then please come prepared to pay them at the meeting or mail them to
Judy Roach at:  BBC Treasurer, 3919 Skyland Dr., Kingsport, TN 37664.

Dues are $25 for individual, $32 for family, $10 for associate (must be a full
member of another TOS chapter), and $5 for student (grades 1-12).

I hope to see you at the meeting.

Lois Cox