[Bristol-Birds] Reminder: BBC trip to Burke's Garden tomorrow

  • From: Lois Cox <lacox@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 15:17:15 -0500

The annual November field trip to Burke's Garden is tomorrow, Nov. 10.  This is
always a good trip.   Rick Knight's earlier announcement is copied below if you
need reminded of times and places.  The weather reports sound favorable for
another great day of birding.

The address of the Hardee's in Tazewell where we are to meet is 900 E.
Fincastle St., Tazewell, VA.

Lois Cox

Earlier Announcement with all the particulars you need:

The Bristol Bird Club's now-annual November field trip to Burke's
Garden will be held on Saturday, 10 Nov.

We will meet at the Hardee's in Tazewell, VA, at 9:00 am.  If you
wish to eat breakfast there, try to arrive a bit earlier.  From there
we will drive on to Burke's Garden.

Target birds include Golden Eagle, Rough-legged Hawk,
Red-headed Woodpecker, & possibly a few ducks.  We may
also see the resident pair of Bald Eagles.  Loggerhead Shrike,
Horned Lark, etc. are possible, too.

In the past we have eaten lunch at the store in Burke's Garden.
To my knowledge, however, the store is closed.  Therefore,
everyone will need to take their own food & drinks.
A restroom is available at the Lutheran Church.

Come join us!

Rick Knight