[Bristol-Birds] Red-throated Loons - YES

  • From: Whoopinwiller@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 18:15:34 EST

20 NOV 04
Watauga Lake
Carter County, TN
.
This morning Sam Cross and I relocated the two Red-throated Loons reported
yesterday by Tom McNeil. The two are of obviously different plumage and I agree
with Tom that one seems to be an adult winter while the other looks to be a
much darker juvenile.
We found the birds while looking left from the overlook near the boat ramp.
The Loons were cooperative but a scope was necessary. Also observed was a
single Common Loon.
.
'Til we bird again
Rack Cross