[Bristol-Birds] Red-tailed hawk nest, VA Medical Center (Washington Co, TN)

  • From: david kirschke <dkirschke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:42:40 -0700 (PDT)

I was at the VA Medical Center this afternoon for a meeting and saw a couple
pedestrians looking up in a spruce tree (so naturally I stopped and asked what
they saw).  They pointed out what appears to be a red-tailed hawk nest with 2
fledglings in the nest.  An adult was calling from the top of the tree, which
is near the corner of Dogwood and W. Lake Rd (enter the VA from State of
Franklin and bear left and the spruce tree is on the R just before Dogwood).

  David Kirschke
  Johnson City, TN