[Bristol-Birds] Red-shouldered Hawk, etc... (Elizabethton, TN)

  • From: "Thomas McNeil" <tsmcneil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:5:26 -0400

Carter County, TN
Elizabethton
Behind Bemberg property

I birded behind the Bemberg plant (accessed from the Carter County
Recycling Center) again this afternoon.  This makes 3 or 4 times that I
have seen Red-shouldered Hawk at this location.  Don Holt has also recorded
them here in the past year.

Best birds:

RED-SHOULDERED HAWK (1)
American Kestrel (1)
Chimney Swift (5)
Winter Wren (1)
Swainson's Thrush (1)
Gray Catbird (1)
Cape May Warbler (1)
Palm Warbler (2)

I did not relocate the Marsh Wren or the Vesper Sparrows.

In the past year, I have recorded over 100 species at this location
(without really even trying).  Does anyone know what the ultimate fate of
this area is going to be?  Does anyone know for sure who owns it?  I really
hope it is not part of the area that is currently being "developed?".

Thomas S. McNeil
Elizabethton, TN
tsmcneil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
tsmcneil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx