[Bristol-Birds] Redhead Ducks

  • From: RonEHarrin@xxxxxxx
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 12:22:21 EST

Hi Birders:
This morning I found 23 Redheads on a small farm pond in Washington County,
VA. To locate the pond, take Exit 7, I-81 as if you were going to Walmart. Stay
on this road past Walmart which is on your left. This is Wallace Pike. Turn
left on Black Hollow Road, then left on Countiss Road. The pond is located on
the right just after you pass a small pond on your left and where the road
makes a curve to the left. The pond is partially hidden by a wooden fence which
parallels a private driveway. It is about six miles from I-81 to the pond.

I have found interesting ducks on this pond before, including Northern
Shovelers.

May all your birds be wild.

Ron Harrington
Bristol, VA