[Bristol-Birds] Red-breasted Mergansers at South Holston

  • From: Wallace Coffey <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1-A Bristol-Birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 19:14:22 -0400

Area Birders:

Today I had 43 Red-breasted Mergansers near "point 8" on South Holston Lake
across from  the dam in Sullivan Co.  Earlier I had found a small flock of
Hooded Mergansers at Middlebrook Lake in Bristol Tennessee.  Linda Northrop,
Jo Anne Routledge and Larry Routledge (from Greeneville) counted the
Middlebrook birds sometime after I had been there and later told me they had
51 Hooded Mergansers.  I birded briefly with them at the Weir Dam.   It was
very good to see Linda Northrop out birding on her birthday !  It is the
first time she has been in the field since her husband passed away in
September.  We wish her good birding.

Let's go birding....

and Cumberland Nature Club.