[Bristol-Birds] Re: : Red-bellied Woodpecker

  • From: "Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:16:41 -0500

Chris,
After reading your post about the rarity of Red-bellieds in your area I
suppose we are more fortunate here in Buchanan County VA than I realized.
They are one of the regulars at my feeders year round. They enjoy the
sunflower seeds, but mostly they prefer the peanut butter suet cakes I put
out. In fact a male was at my feeder just a few minutes ago. They nest in
the nearby woods and sometimes in summer I will have a whole family of them
at my feeders at the same time.
Congratulations on the Red-bellied and keep coming with the good reports.

Roger Mayhorn
Grundy, VA