[Bristol-Birds] Red Phalarope in Montgomery Co., VA

  • From: "Ed Talbott" <etalbott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol Birders" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 19:12:52 -0400

Bristol Birders,

I had a chance to bird the Pandapas Pond area of the Jefferson National Forest
in
Montgomery County, VA this Saturday.  The big surprise of the day was a Red
Phalarope that
gave me looks at less than 25 feet for about five minutes.  This time I had my
camcorder
ready and got lots of good footage.  I also found a great feeder flock of
warblers that
included a Nashville and Orange-crowned Warblers.  For those interested, here
is a link to
my write-up and pictures of the warblers and phalarope.

http://www.grundynet.net/talbott/birding/hikes/Fall03/Pandapas.htm

There are more Phalarope pictures located at:
http://www.grundynet.net/talbott/birding/hikes/Fall03/Phalarope.htm

Good Birding,

Ed Talbott
Buchanan County Bird Club