[Bristol-Birds] Record numbers of bidiners covering the area for waterbirds and more

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 17:22:24 -0500

Birding in the Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia area has been as
heavy

and as intense as I can remember in my more than a half century of birding
in this

region.

The following is a partial list of birders who have been sharing their
observations

on the internet in about a week to ten days.  It is astounding.

This is nowhere near a complete list of everyone birding in the area but it
will

give you a glimpse into who is birding afield.

By far, the most field trips, most accounts of observations and greatest
number

of birders are birding in Sullivan County and then Washington County in
Northeast

Tennessee.  They are finding remarkable birds and covering the area like a
blanket.

They have hundreds of postings on the internet.

Obviously the most frequent and carefully covered areas are those with
waterfowl.

Don't waste your time walking along paths and woodland trails of the area.

Get out on the waterfront of our major lakes and rivers and go see the
spectacular

Accumulation of good waterbirds.

Here is a list of the known most active and successful biders getting out.
It is not

unusual to have 20 or more field trips going in the area each day:

Amy Sherburn

Andrew Bansemer

Anita Huffman

Ann Smith