[Bristol-Birds] Recent warbler sightings

  • From: Heather Jones <hrupejones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 18:55:10 -0400

Here's a few warblers I have picked up in the last week of daily birding:

4/27 - Steele Creek Park - *Common Yellowthroat* (1 male, near Nature
Center)
4/28 - Winged Deer - *Hooded Warbler* - 1 male
4/29 - Sycamore Shoals - *Blackpoll Warbler*
4/29 - Winged Deer -* Black-throated Blue Warbler* (1 male)
          *Hooded Warbler* (1 female)

The *Black-throated Blue* and the *female Hooded Warbler* were right off
the paved path opposite the first tee.  They were in some undergrowth on
the left side, just after you pass the first bench.  That is also the
location where I saw a *Scarlet Tanager* last week (only it was high in the
tree).

All these locations, of course, had a lot of *Yellow-rumps*.  Sycamore
Shoals, especially, is crawling with them.

Also, I find it noteworthy that this week I have seen *Pileated Woodpeckers
*almost daily, in totally different locations.

*Indigo Buntings* have also been a daily sighting since last Friday.

Heather Jones
Piney Flats, TN