[Bristol-Birds] Razor Farm - MERLIN and other highlights

  • From: Andrew Laughlin <pileatus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 13:49:18 -0400

Hello birders -

A Merlin was seen briefly perched atop a tree and then diving down to
the ground this morning at Razor Farm near Elizabethton, TN. This was
during an Ornithology Field Trip led by Dr. Fred Alsop. We could not
relocate the bird after we lost it behind a mound.

Further down the river we saw Lesser Yellowlegs and Solitary Sandpiper.

At Wilbur Dam, we had Black-throated Green and Yellow-throated
Warblers, and Spotted Sandpiper.

We ended the morning with a total of 55 species.

Andrew Laughlin
Johnson City, TN
and Northeast Tennessee.