[Bristol-Birds] Rankin Bottoms trip--a few additions

  • From: Alice Loftin / Don Miller <pandion@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 09:47:25 -0400 (EDT)

Addendum to Rick Knight's post of late yesterday regarding the upper Douglas
Lake outing by Bristol-area and Greeneville -area birders--

Rick offered a more complete summary of our findings than I had in my notes,
but there are a few additions that I can provide:

Wood Duck (2 at Rankin)

Blue-winged Teal (about 30 birds at Rankin)

Little Blue Heron (fly-by immature at Rankin; all-green legs and bluish bill
seen well)

Black-bellied Plover (2 at Rankin; viewed from eastern point of land near
tipple by me and a few other birders along very distant eastern shore while
main group of birders were scanning nearer shoreline from tipple road)

Baird's Sandpiper (an additional individual at Rankin; viewed by me and other
birders from eastern point of land near tipple)

Eastern Kingbird (5, mostly at Rankin)

Also--I drove home via Highway 160 through Hamblen County and found two
Eurasian Collared-Doves at the industrial site in Lowland.

Don Miller
Greeneville , Greene Co., TN