[Bristol-Birds] REMINDER: BBC Saturday water bird field trip.

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 17:55:59 -0500

Field trip leaders, Dr. Andy Jones and Chris O'Bryan, have arrived in the
area and checked in for Saturday's Bristol Bird Club Black Saturday Field
Trip to eastern Sullivan County water areas which will get underway at 8:30
a.m. Saturday (28 Nov 2015) from the Cootie Brown's Restaurant parking lot
in Bristol Tennessee.

The restaurant is located one block from State Street on the Volunteer
Parkway. This is in sight of the Bristol Chamber of Commerce and
Commonwealth Ave. of Bristol Virginia. If you are coming from Virginia on
I-81 take the I-381 exit straight downtown and it is on the right.

This will not only be a bird-finding event but also an interpretive birding
experience where leaders will share further details about some birds seen
than normally experienced on bird watching outings. You will enjoy a
relaxed and casual atmosphere where you can chat and visit with other
birders and our guest field trip leaders. But don't worry about being a
quiet participant who takes it all in and has a very-enjoyable time.

A float boat ride to see some birds on nearby waters may be in the cards for
those with the interest and time, if we determine the marina is open to fuel
our boat. We'll play that by ear for any who might be interested. This is
a flexible day for any who want in or even want to break away.

All that we do is open and free to everyone who wants to come along except a
sandwich and such which you order and pay for dutch at a local restaurant.

We hope to see you there. For more information you may call my cell at
423-360-2532.