[Bristol-Birds] Purple Martins

  • From: "Wilma Boy" <wcboy@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 10:48:58 -0400

Lois and I have had a martin house plus gourds on our property for several
years.  We got Starlings and Tree Swallows.

On Wednesday Lois saw a Purple Martin as she walked to the mailbox.  I have
since also been threatened by two Martins as they flew over my head.   I'm not
sure what they were saying, but think it was a warning that I was in their
territory.  I was walking back up the driveway and think perhaps we have our
first Martin family nesting or babies on the ground.

Wilma Boy
wcboy@xxxxxxx