[Bristol-Birds] Purple Finch, Old Cardinal

  • From: "Richard Lewis" <mountainbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2008 21:36:03 -0500

I had my first Purple Finch of the Fall in the woods by my house in
Holston Valley yesterday (10-31). I was able to band one of them.
I also had my first Hermit Thrush for the Fall here also yesterday.

I had a Cardinal in my garage this week.  When I caught it, I saw that it
band that I put on it in Nov 11, 2001, seven years ago.  I have not recaptured
it once since
the orginal banding. Very odd.

Richard Lewis

See Exclusive Video: Hollywood Life's 5th Annual Style Awards
http://www.hollywoodlife.net/Awards.aspx?AwardsID=style2008