[Bristol-Birds] Prairie Warbler, Lone Oak Trail, 1 June 2015

  • From: David Kirschke <dlkirschke@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 07:49:26 -0400

I was listening for birds during a hike up Lone Oak Trail (aka, Tom Dosser
Trail) this evening after the rain. This is the third summer I have heard
Prairie Warbler at this location (about half way up the initial set of
switchbacks). The area was burned a few years back and has been fairly dry
and exposed, although it is starting to get grown up again. This has also
been a good spot for Whips if you are coming back from your hike near dusk.

Lone Oak Trail, Washington, Tennessee, US
Jun 1, 2015 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Comments: Third year with Prairie Warbler during summer at this location.
12 species

Mourning Dove 1
Northern Flicker 1
Pileated Woodpecker 1