[Bristol-Birds] Postal Swallows?

  • From: "cfm46" <cfm46@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:40:20 -0500

I want to thank my friend Oliver Farr for bringing this to
my attention. In Johnson City, drive to the post office on
State of Franklin, go to the end of the public parking lot
and look at an alcove built into the corner of the building.
You'll see a Barn Swallow nest with youngin's and of course
many adults out on food patrol. This will probably not last
long as the USPS will not want the mess of the nest in their
alcove--however unused the alcove is. They might be inclined
to wait until the chicks leave.

Charles Moore
Johnson City