[Bristol-Birds] Ponds in Western Washington County

  • From: "Roy & Robin Knispel" <rknispel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 21:11:24 -0400

Today, between heavy rain showers, I checked several ponds in Western
Washington County.  Highlights:

Bush Hog Pond area on Slate Hill Road
1 very wet Loggerhead Shrike

Pond at Shanks and Kyker Roads
Kingfisher                1
Great Egret             2
1 additional Great Egret in the creek near the bridge along Kyker Road north of
Shanks Rd.

Also, I saw a Eurasian Collared-Dove along Washington College Station Road
between Clark and Urbana Roads.
It flew to the west from a wire on Washington College Station Road and landed
on wires near houses.  I was able
to see it better from McGhee Rd, which is actually a long driveway.  Glen Eller
reported a Eurasian Collared-Dove
in this same area on July 29 and June 8.

Roy Knispel
Johnson City