[Bristol-Birds] Police traffic helicopters are up

  • From: "Wallace Coffey" <jwcoffey@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bristol-birds" <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 12:11:29 -0400

Area Birders:
The sky over south Bristol is noisy with police heliciopters this morning which
are watching the traffic flowing towards the Bristol Bird Club annual picnic.
Some of the off ramps have been backed up since daylight.  South bound I-381 is
moving a little better but there is a long wait at the Broad Street Tunnel.

Birder/picnicers are asked to listen to traffic radio WBBC 111.1 on your FM.
for lane useage on the 394 Beltway.  Exits 4, 12, 23 and 87 are closed to only
northbound leading into the Steele Creek Park parking lots blue, green and
yellow which will handle all the birders and their friends.

We'll start gathering for fun, foolishness, fellowship and food at 3 p.m. and
some will even watch a bird or two from their lawn chairs.  The grill will fire
by 5 p.m. and there will be plenty of "hot seafood delights" finger-licking
good right off the grill.  Dinner is served at 6 p.m.  We are expecting nearly
50 persons this year. We stay until 9 p.m., when the park closes.

All regional birders, relatives and friends are invited to attend.  Persons
attending do not need to be a member of the Bristol Bird Club or even know who
we are.

Let's go birding.....